PRODEPOT (“we”, “us”, and “our”) recognises the critical nature of safeguarding the personal information of our customers, business partners, and other stakeholders with whom we interact. We take care to adhere to the Privacy Act’s Privacy Principles and provide you with confidence that the information you provide to us will be managed according to the law. This Privacy Statement outlines our practices for collecting, using, and disposing of personal information.
What type of personal data do we collect?We may collect information about you that identifies you reasonably as an individual, such as your name, email address, phone number, and billing address. We may also collect your vehicle registration number if you are a customer.
How do we obtain and store your personally identifiable information?We may collect personal information about you when you provide information on our website, contact us via phone, email, or in-store, or when you fill out forms. Additionally, our website utilises cookies to store personal information that you provide to track user traffic patterns and provide you with a more personalised experience when you return to the site. Cookies can be disabled in your browser. We will securely store your personal information in our data warehouses in Australia and with selected third party providers in Australia.
Why do we collect personal information about you?We may collect personal information about you to:
- – process transactions, both in-store and online;
- – respond to your questions, resolve your complaints, and conduct investigations;
- – market, sell, and promote our products and brands;
- – adhere to all applicable legal requirements;
- – procure goods and services;
- – conduct research to better understand and serve our customers, as well as for statistical purposes;
- – communicate with you, including in the event of a product recall;
- – prevent fraud, including through the use of information security services; and
- – provide you with marketing offers and information about our brands.
When do we disclose your personal data?We may share your personal information with the following individuals and organisations:
- who provide us with services to promote our products;
- who conduct or assist us in operating our business activities, including our agents, contractors, and external advisors;
- who maintain our information technology and payment system infrastructure; and to whom we are authorised or required to do so by law.